Sunday, May 5, 2013

Awaiting baby boy's arrival

Baby boy can make his arrival at any time. We've prepared everything we possibly could, now we just need a baby! His nursery came together pretty easily. Brian wanted a subtle vintage sports room. All it took was a trip (or five) to Hobby Lobby to find the majority of the wall decor and matching fabric, a lot of painting and voilĂ  ... we have a completed nursery. What pulled the room together, though, was the handiwork of my sister-in-law Amy. She sewed our bedding (sheets, quilt, bed skirt), changing pad covers, boppy cover and a billion other things to make the room especially adorable. If you're in the market for custom baby bedding, decor and accessories, check out her website KenKier Designs.

Below are pics of the finished product, minus baby boy's letter to the right of the baseball cross, which we took down for these pictures.   



Custom fitted sheet and quilt from KenKier designs. We found the fabric at Hobby Lobby.
Custom bed skirt. Fabric again from Hobby Lobby.
Baby boy's first pair of FootJoys.
Since this belonged to Brian's grandpa, I allowed it in the room. Plus, it's really cute.
Amy also made the baby some adorable booties.
One of my favorite things in the room is the red dresser. My parents graciously gave us this dresser, which Brian painted red. I'm in love with it. It's the perfect height, size and, now, color.
I found this pegboard idea on Project Nursery ... or maybe Pinterest. Anyway, Brian made it happen and now it's both cute and handy.
Changing pad cover, again made by KenKier Designs.
Pottery Barn Kids baseball lamp. I was only going to order the lampshade, however, I accidentally placed an order for the expensive bat base instead (it's never good when I have multiple browser windows open). This is one online shopping mistake I don't regret. I love this lamp.
Brian added shelves on both sides of the baby's very long, non-walk-in closet making it much more functional.

1 comment:

  1. Love the adorable nursery and can't wait to meet Baby Boy Jorgy. Any day now..

    ReplyDelete