Thursday, May 16, 2013

April showers bring a May baby ... hopefully

I was fortunate enough to have not just one fabulous baby shower to help us prepare for baby boy's arrival, but two. My sister-in-law Amy threw me a Sprinkle on April 13. It was absolutely perfect! She held it at a restaurant in Liberty, Mo., which meant no clean-up for anyone ... bonus!

I loved catching up with my Kansas City friends, and of course, having my in-laws, mom and sister there was great. Below are some pics. Amy thought of every detail. She should go into business for this type of thing. Oh wait ... she has! Here's her website again with all of her crafty baby gear: http://kenkierdesigns.com/home.html.

Amy made this baby buggy out of receiving blankets, a towel, burp rags and diapers. Very creative! 
Ella, Grandma Kay and Great Grandma Norma
I had two little helpers during gift opening.
I failed to take any family pictures during the shower, so here's an after shot. Ella was about to go down for a nap (2 hours late), which explains her hair and not-so-happy face.
 A few weeks later, two of my favorite girls at work threw me a shower. Brian and Ella got to join in on the festivities as well. Ella was pumped full of chocolate coins, and she received a big sister gift, so it was a great day for her. My co-workers were beyond generous and pretty much bought out our registry.

We are so, so thankful to have such thoughtful friends, family and co-workers in our lives.

Blue Chip Cookies in Leawood, Kan. makes the best cookie cake ... EVER!
Can you believe all of these gifts?!


No comments:

Post a Comment